Trail mix monster cookies are loaded with all of the goods! Made with oats, chocolate chunks, dried fruit, nuts and peanut butter for the ideal combination of flavors.
Trail Mix Monster Cookies
These extra thick cookies are such a fun treat to make filled with so many good mix-ins. They’re loaded with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, nuts and m&ms, and are basically trail mix in cookie form.
The bottoms are crispy with thick, soft centers, and they truly pack in all the best flavors. These flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies are a must bake for any occasion!
These cookies are based off of my original monster cookies. Since I’ve been on a huge trail mix kick, I decided why not combine the two into one big cookie.
Trail mix monster cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and are a definite crowd pleaser.
What you need to make trail mix monster cookies
- creamy peanut butter– I like to use one made of roasted peanuts for a richer flavor with no added sugar
- coconut oil– I use a refined coconut oil that has a neutral taste
- quick-cooking rolled oats- I have only tested this recipe with quick-cooking oats. If you have whole rolled oats, I suggest pulsing them a few times in your blender to chop them up
- oat flour
- coconut sugar– or substitute brown sugar
- dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks
- chocolate gem candies or good old M & Ms
- dried cranberries
- roasted peanuts
- crushed walnuts
- vanilla extract
This recipe is naturally gluten-free if you use certified gluten-free oats, and can even be made dairy-free if you use vegan chocolate gem candies in place of m&ms.
You can even jazz them up by using holiday themed candies!
These cookies have that perfect thick, soft-baked center and crispy bottom. They’re a delicious sweet treat to bake this week! I can’t wait for you guys to try them.