This melt in your mouth tahini banana bread is gluten-free, easy to make, and the perfect way to use up your spotty bananas.
Tahini Banana Bread
Banana bread just got an upgrade with one of my all time favorite ingredients- tahini! Tahini is probably one of my top 5 pantry staples, because there’s truly nothing it can’t do.
I’ve used it in cookies, salad dressings, and even stiry-fry, and it never fails me. The tahini in this gluten-free banana bread adds the most delicious nutty flavor, and takes this banana bread to a whole new level.
Nothing beats a warm slice of banana bread off the morning with your cup of coffee. I love serving this with a light layer or butter to truly bring the flavors together.
It’s gluten-free and can even be made dairy-free by using a plant-based butter. It’s also kosher for passover!
What you’ll need to make tahini banana bread
- Spotty bananas– the spottier, the better! Brown bananas are the ideal bananas to bake with because they’re a lot sweeter
- Tahini, aka sesame paste
- Coconut sugar–
- Pure maple syrup
- Butter– vegan or dairy
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Cassava flour or oat flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sesame seeds
How to store your banana bread
This banana bread is freezer friendly, so can be prepared and stored in the freezer, fridge or on the counter.
- Freezer– slice your banana bread and freeze it in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months.
- Fridge– If you wanted to enjoy it throughout the week, you can store it in the fridge for up to 1 week. Warm it in the microwave for a melt-in-your-mouth treat!
- On the counter– if you plan on eating your banana bread rather quickly, it’ll stay fresh in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days.
This gluten-free tahini banana bread is full of flavor, has a lightly nutty taste, and is the perfect sweet and salty treat to bake! You guys are going to love this recipe.