Are we still as obsessed with banana bread as much as we were back in April during the start of quarantine? I definitely still am, and hope you all are too, because we have a new loaf in town. Introducing the newest banana bread to the something nutritious fam, Birthday Cake Banana Bread!
A delicious gluten-free loaf filled with rainbow sprinkles and topped with a light sugar icing. It’s the perfect way to use up your ripe bananas, and lets face it, sprinkles on anything is the bomb.com
This loaf was a complete accident. I intended on making my original banana bread recipe with my ripe bananas. But then I thought- how could I change things up so that it’s different from my other banana breads from the blog.
I peaked into the pantry and saw some sprinkles lying around, and it was a match made in heaven.
You’ll need just a few ingredients for this loaf, most of which I always stock my pantry with!
- Overly ripe bananas- the more spots the better.
- Pure maple syrup or honey
- Melted coconut oil
- Almond flour, I prefer mine to be super fine.
- Oat flour, I prefer store-bought. If you don’t have any, you can blend your oats in a blender until fine like flour!
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Sprinkles- preferable naturally colored ones, but for this loaf I used what I had in the pantry.
Top it off with a light icing and you’re left with a delicious, gluten-free & dairy-free banana bread that’s fun for all!
This was so yum! Swapped applesauce for coconut oil. Turned out great! Sprinkles were a fun change. Thanks 🙂
Hey Carly, I’m so glad you enjoyed it!