The most rich and decadent chocolate banana bread! It’s made with oat flour and dairy-free friendly, and the perfect way to use up your spotty bananas.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Decadent and fudgy chocolate banana bread has been on my to-do list forever! I wanted a bread that wasn’t overly sweet, was crisp on the outside, and just melts in your mouth.
This delicious chocolate banana bread is made from just 10 simple ingredients. It’s the perfect way to use up ripe bananas, and an easy snack to have around to pair with your cup of coffee.
What you’ll need to make chocolate banana bread
- Spotty bananas– the more spots, the better! Brown bananas are the ideal bananas to bake with because they’re a lot sweeter.
- Light brown or coconut sugar
- Coconut oil– or you can swap vegan or regular butter
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder- I like using a special dark, like this one
- Oat flour
- Baking soda
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to store your chocolate banana bread
This banana bread is freezer friendly, so can be prepared and stored in the freezer, fridge or on the counter.
- Freezer– slice your banana bread and freeze it in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months.
- Fridge– If you wanted to enjoy it throughout the week, you can store it in the fridge for up to 1 week. Warm it in the microwave for a melt-in-your-mouth treat!
- On the counter– if you plan on eating your banana bread rather quickly, it’ll stay fresh in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days.
This recipe is truly so easy to make, and has the perfect texture. Enjoy it with your breakfast or as a snack throughout the day. It’ll satisfy all of your chocolate cravings!