I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get my OG gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread up on the blog! This was one of my first banana bread recipes that I made back when were living in Grenada-good times.
It’s dairy-free, made from a blend of almond and oat flour, and has the most fluffiest, melt-in-your-mouth texture.
I developed this recipe about 4 years ago, and it’s truly been a staple ever since. I even based my cinnamon swirl banana bread off of this recipe, but this chocolate chip version got a tiny upgrade.
It’s easy to make, and truly the perfect way to use up your spotty bananas. I love having a thick slice in the morning with a hot cup of coffee, especially before a morning workout.
It’s light enough to hold you over until breakfast, but satisfying enough to power you through the early morning.
What you’ll need to make the best gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread
- Almond flour- this one’s my absolute favorite one!
- Oat flour- pre-made is ideal, but you can blend rolled oats in your blender to make your own
- Ripe bananas- the spottier, the better!
- Liquid oil- I’ve used olive, avocado or refined coconut oil for this recipe and all turned out great!
- Honey, or pure maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Vegan chocolate chips- I love using mini chocolate chips in this loaf
Baking banana bread these days always takes me back to the beginning of quarantine, which believe it or not was almost one whole year ago!
Whether you’re looking for a lighter, healthier banana bread, or just a delicious recipe to use up your ripe bananas, you guys are going to love this one if you haven’t tried it already! 🙂