Grain-free cinnamon swirl banana bread is the perfect way to use up some ripe bananas! Lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and made from a blend of almond and tapioca flour.
Grain-free Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
With Passover a few days away, I’ve been trying to share more grain-free options to get us through the holiday. This delicious cinnamon swirl banana bread is the perfect gluten-free banana bread to make with those spotty bananas whether you’re celebrating the holiday or not.
It’s made from a blend of almond and tapioca flour, lightly sweetened with coconut sugar, and has a simple cinnamon sugar swirl in the center.
I love sharing different versions of banana bread because I truly believe you can never have too many. A few years ago I shared a gluten-free cinnamon banana bread, and if you’ve tried that recipe you’re going to love this one! Since that one uses oat flour, I made some modifications to this recipe so that its Passover friendly.
Things you’ll need for this grain-free cinnamon swirl banana bread
- Spotty bananas: the darker the better when baking with bananas. Yellow bananas aren’t as sweet as overly ripe ones. If your bananas aren’t brown yet, you can microwave them for 2 minutes so they ripen quicker
- Almond flour: super fine almond flour is my go-to when baking. It has a lighter texture and isn’t as grainy as course almond flour or almond meal.
- Tapioca flour
- Coconut sugar
- Olive oil, or another liquid oil
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon + butter for the swirl- you can use a dairy-free butter too
How to store your banana bread
This banana bread is freezer friendly, so can be prepared and stored in the freezer, fridge or on the counter.
- Freezer– slice your banana bread and freeze it in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months.
- Fridge– If you wanted to enjoy it throughout the week, you can store it in the fridge for up to 1 week. Warm it in the microwave for a melt-in-your-mouth treat.
- On the counter– if you plan on eating your banana bread rather quickly, it’ll stay fresh in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days.
This cinnamon swirl banana bread is easy to make and a delicious baked good to have around. I love having a thick slice in the morning with a hot cup of coffee, especially before a morning workout.