Chocolate chip olive oil banana bread bars are gluten-free, dairy-free, and the perfect little sweet snack to make for the week.
Olive Banana Bread Bars
These olive oil banana bread bars are light and fluffy, with the perfect amount of chocolate chips in every bite. They’re made with just 10 simple ingredients and come together so easily.
These bars are the perfect way to use up ripe bananas, and an easy snack to have around to pair with your cup of tea or coffee.
I used a combination of my favorite gluten-free baking flours, almond and oat flour, to get a soft, cake-like texture. They’re lightly sweetened with coconut sugar, and made with olive oil for the perfect flavor balance.
What you’ll need to make olive oil banana bread bars
- Spotty bananas– the more spots, the better! Brown bananas are the ideal bananas to bake with because they’re a lot sweeter.
- Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Vanilla extract
- Oat flour– you can make your own by blending whole oats until fine, but I prefer store-bought since its a lot finer
- Almond flour– super fine almond flour is my go-to when baking. It has a lighter texture and isn’t as grainy as course almond flour or meal
- Baking soda
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to store your chocolate banana bread
These banana bars are freezer friendly, so they can be prepared and stored in the freezer, fridge or on the counter.
- On the counter– if you plan on eating your banana bars rather quickly, it’ll stay fresh in an airtight container on the counter for 3 days.
- Fridge– If you wanted to enjoy it throughout the week, you can store it in the fridge for up to 1 week. Warm it in the microwave for a melt-in-your-mouth treat!
- Freezer– slice your banana bars and freeze them in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months.
These bars are super easy to throw together, and make for the perfect little snack. I like to warm a slice in the microwave or toaster for a minute before eating so its nice and warm. You guys are going to love them!