Cinnamon buns + banana bread might just be a match made in heaven! I combined two of my favorite baked goods to create this gluten-free cinnamon swirl banana bread and it’s everything I could have dreamed of and more! It’s light & fluffy, dairy-free, and perfect for fall.
I used a combo of my favorite gluten-free baking flours- almond and oat- to get a soft, cake-like texture. This banana bread is sweetened with honey and a little coconut sugar, and topped off with a 2-ingredient sugar glaze. It’s perfect in the morning with a warm cup of coffee!
Things you’ll need for this gluten-free cinnamon swirl banana bread
- Spotty bananas: the dark the better when baking with bananas. Yellow bananas aren’t as sweet as overly ripe ones. If your bananas aren’t brown yet, you can microwave them for 2 minutes so they ripen quicker!
- Almond flour: super fine almond flour is my go-to when baking. It has a lighter texture and isn’t as grainy as course almond flour or meal.
- Oat flour: You can make your own by blending whole oats until fine, but I prefer store-bought since its a lot finer.
- Honey- I usually sweeten with maple syrup, but I love the taste of honey in this recipe!
- Coconut oil
- Coconut sugar, for the swirl
And a few other pantry staples! This loaf is super easy to throw together, and makes for the perfect little snack. I like to warm a slice in the microwave or toaster for a minute before eating it so its nice and warm. Highly recommend for a bakery style experience!
This cinnamon swirl banana bread is going to a be a staple this fall. I always make sure to stock the house with a baked good, and this one is perfect for when you want something cozy, and have ripe bananas to use.
Since I haven’t tested any substitutions for this recipe, I highly recommend trying to stick to the exact recipe listed or result may not be the same! I can’t wait for you guys to try it. Be sure to leave a rating and comment below if you do!