Soft-baked chocolate chunk tahini date cookies! These cookies are a mouthful of deliciousness and are filled with dark chocolate chunks and gooey dates all in one bite.
Tahini Date Cookies
Dates and tahini are two of my pantry staples that I truly can’t live without. Both are so versatile, and can be used in both sweet and savory recipes.
These chocolate chunk tahini date cookies combine the nuttiness of tahini with the sweetness of medjool dates, making it the perfect cookie with melted pools of dark chocolate and a sprinkle of flakey sea salt.
The oat flour in this recipe adds the perfect chewiness, while giving them a slightly nutty flavor. They’re sweet, salty and are seriously so addicting.
What you’ll need to make chocolate chunk tahini date cookies
The recipe is made with a few of my pantry staples, like oat flour, coconut sugar, dates and tahini. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Oat flour- I love baking with oat flour since it can usually be substituted equally with all-purpose flour
- Coconut sugar– coconut sugar offers a caramel-like flavor to these cookies, which pairs so well with the dates and tahini
- Butter– you can use dairy or vegan butter
- Tahini, or pure ground sesame
- Medjool dates– medjool dates are ideal for this recipe since they’re soft and gooey
- Dark chocolate– I like to chop up a bar of dark chocolate for these cookies, but chocolate chips or chunks work well too!
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda + salt
These cookies have the perfect crispy edges with the softest centers, and you’ll only need one bowl to make them!
Dunk them in your favorite milk and you’ve got the ideal dessert. I can’t wait to hear what you guys think!