Crunchy dark chocolate tahini date bark is a delicious sweet & salty treat to stock your freezer with. It’s made with a few pantry ingredients like medjool dates, tahini, crunchy nuts and dark chocolate.
Dark Chocolate Tahini Date Bark
For years, one of my favorite sweet treats has always been stuffed dates with nuts and dark chocolate. When I saw Lina from @thathealthjunkie share this crunchy date bark, I knew I had to give it a try.
It’s made with layers of smashed medjool dates, crunchy almonds and walnuts, cinnamon, melted dark chocolate and sea salt. It comes together in under 20 minutes, and is truly one of the best sweet and salty treats to stock your fridge or freezer with.
This delicious bark also packs in some omega-3 fats, protein and even some fiber. It’s a nourishing treat to keep around, and can be customized in so many ways.
You can use your favorite nut butter in place of tahini, and add your preferred blend of nuts. Jazz it up by adding spices like cinnamon, cardamom or ginger powder. It’s a simple “no-recipe recipe” that comes together so easily.
How to make tahini date bark
There are so many reasons to love this easy recipe, but one of my favorites is that you only need a few simple ingredients:
- Medjool Dates: medjool dates are one of my pantry must-haves. They’re a great source of carbs, fiber and potassium, and truly taste like caramel when combined with nuts + chocolate
- Tahini: tahini adds a smooth, creamy layer to this bark. You can make this recipe with your favorite nut butter like peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter
- Raw almonds and walnuts: the nuts add a boost of fat to this recipe with a delicious crunch
- Pinch of cinnamon for an added sweet flavor
- Dark chocolate Chips: I melt the chocolate chips with coconut oil to smooth it out and make it easier to pour over the bark
- Flaky salt: I love to finish my sweet treats off with some flakey salt
- Remove the pits from the medjool dates then flatten them onto a parchment lined sheet pan. You can press them down using your fingers or the bottom of a glass cup or jar.
- Drizzle the tahini over the smashed dates then top with the chopped nuts and cinnamon
- Coat the top with melted dark chocolate
- Freeze for an hour to harden, then cut into pieces. Store in the fridge or freezer
This easy tahini date bark is the perfect sweet treat to keep around. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!