Roasted cauliflower with harissa date sauce is a delicious side dish to serve to your family and friends. Topped with chopped dates and herbs for the perfect balance of flavors.
Harissa Date Roasted Cauliflower
This deliciously spiced roasted cauliflower is made using some of my favorite spices. It’s topped with a simple harissa date syrup sauce and garnished with chopped dates, dill, and parsley.
It’s light and flavorful and pairs well with any meal!
Roasting the cauliflower brings out its flavor. It stays tender on the inside but still gets a nice crisp. The blend of spices like paprika, cumin and turmeric add the most delicious flavor.
The harissa date sauce is sweet and slightly spicy, and can be the perfect sauce to use on any vegetables or proteins.
What you’ll need to make this simple side dish
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Homemade spice blend- paprika, garlic, cumin, turmeric, salt & pepper
- Harissa- harissa is a Tunisian hot chili pepper paste that can be used for various recipes. You can buy a mild or spicy variety depending on where you shop, and use it in marinades for your fish, tofu or even vegetables
- Date syrup, aka Silan- you can swap honey if you can’t find date syrup near you
- Medjool dates
- Fresh herbs like parsley and dill
How to make Harissa Date Roasted Cauliflower
- Start by cutting the cauliflower into florets and tossing them with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, turmeric and salt & pepper
- Roast the cauliflower for about 45 minutes, flipping it halfway through
- Prepare the harissa date sauce by blending harissa, date syrup and a little olive oil
- Pour the harissa date sauce over the roasted cauliflower and top with chopped medjool dates, parsley and dill
This recipe comes together so easily, and will elevate your weeknight meal. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!