Flavorful, whole roasted za’atar cauliflower with an herb tahini sauce. This delicious recipe is the perfect side dish to any meal!
Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower
Whole roasted cauliflower is one of my favorite methods when I’m looking to change up my veggies. The cauliflower comes out buttery soft, and can be seasoned in so many ways.
This za’atar spiced cauliflower is so full of flavor, and pairs perfectly with a green herb tahini sauce. I love it with some grilled salmon and fluffy rice for an easy weeknight meal.
A few months ago, my whole roasted cauliflower with turmeric tahini went viral on Instagram, and since then I’ve been wanting to create a new flavor variation.
Za’atar is a pantry staple of mine that I love using on vegetables, proteins and even salad dressings. It’s a mix of toasted sesame seeds, sumac, thyme, marjoram, and a few other spices, and is one of my favorite middle-eastern spice blends.
How to make whole roasted za’atar cauliflower
- Start by boiling the cauliflower for 20 minutes
- After boiling, drain the water and pat the cauliflower dry. Season it with a mix of za’atar spice, cumin, salt and olive oil
- Bake the cauliflower for about 45 minutes on 400 F
- While it bakes, blend together the herb tahini sauce to drizzle on top
- Serve it with the tahini sauce, fresh parsley and sesame seeds
The cauliflower is best served fresh. To save some prep time, you can boil it ahead of time, then season and bake it right before serving it. The green tahini can also be made in advance and kept in the fridge.
This veggie dish is absolutely incredible, and can be served alongside your favorite protein and salad. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!