Flavorful, whole roasted cauliflower seasoned with a few simple spices and topped with the most delicious turmeric tahini sauce. A delicious side dish to serve to your family and friends!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Whole roasted cauliflower always seems more intimidating than it is. It takes a little more baking time than roasting florets, but is a delicious way to change up your veggie game and impress your guests.
Whether you’re serving it as a side dish or main course, it’s packed with flavor, cooks perfectly and tastes fancier than it is!
How to make whole roasted cauliflower
Whole roasted cauliflower comes together in just a few easy steps.
- First, you need to boil the cauliflower
- After its boiled, season it with the spice mixture and a good quality olive oil
- Roast it in the oven for about 40 minutes, then broil it for 3-4 minutes
- While that bakes, prepare your golden tahini sauce
- Serve your cauliflower fresh out of the oven with the tahini sauce
Boiling the cauliflower before roasting it helps cook it through evenly, leaving you with the most buttery bites of cauliflower.
It’s perfectly seasoned with some salt, pepper, cumin and paprika and gets beautifully browned all around.
Creamy Turmeric Tahini Sauce
The flavors in the tahini sauce pair so well with the roasted cauliflower. It has a slight hint of turmeric, with a gorgeous yellow color. This sauce can be made up to a week in advance, and paired with so many different foods!
Other ways to serve the turmeric tahini sauce:
- spread it in a wrap or sandwich with roasted veggies
- use is as a dipped sauce for grilled chicken or tofu
- pour is over your favorite grain or buddha bowl- like this Sweet Potato Feta Bowl
If you’re preparing the sauce in advance, you can thin it out as needed with a little bit of water if it thickens in the fridge.
Preparing your cauliflower ahead of time
The cauliflower is best served fresh, To save some prep time, it can be boiled in advance and seasoned then baked right before serving it.
This veggie dish is absolutely incredible, and can be served alongside your favorite proteins and salads.
You guys are going to love this dish- I can’t wait to see your remakes on Instagram!