Harissa honey cauliflower poppers are sweet, spicy, and the most delicious side dish to pair with your weeknight dinner.
Harissa Honey Cauliflower Poppers
Cauliflower poppers have been a favorite side dish of mine for so many years. I’ve shared my Sweet & Spicy Cauliflower Poppers, BBQ Cauliflower Poppers, and Baked Orange Cauliflower and now I’m so excited to add these harissa honey cauliflower poppers to the roster.
The cauliflower florets are breaded and baked until crispy, then tossed in a delicious harissa honey sauce. I love them with a side of salmon for a balanced weeknight meal.
The harissa honey sauce is made with just 4 ingredients, and adds the perfect kick to this side dish.
Harissa is a Tunisian hot chili pepper paste, and one of my must-have condiments for marinades and sauces. It adds just the right amount of heat, and can be used as a base for salmon or chicken marinades, like in my Harissa Silan (Date Syrup) Salmon.
How to make Harissa Honey Cauliflower Poppers
- Start by cutting the cauliflower into small florets, then tossing them with whisked eggs mixed with dijon mustard
- Once they’re coated, dip each piece into seasoned breadcrumbs
- Layer the breaded cauliflower on a sheet pan and drizzle with some olive oil. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the cauliflower is crispy
- Combine the baked cauliflower with the blended harissa honey sauce, and enjoy!
Tips & tricks for best results
- Try to cut the florets into similar sized pieces to ensure they all cook evenly
- Use seasoned breadcrumbs when coating the cauliflower, or season plain breadcrumbs yourself with some salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika
- Mix the cauliflower with the sauce when you’re ready to serve it. The cauliflower can be baked in advance, but I suggest mixing in the sauce right before you plan to eat it for best results
This sweet & spicy side dish is a delicious way to eat more veggies. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!