These crunchy date and nut bars are the perfect sweet and salty treat. They’re sweetened with dates and made with only a few pantry ingredients!
Date and Nut Bars
If you’re anything like me, you love stocking your freezer with a chocolate treat to end the day with. Date and nut bars are the perfect post-dinner snack made with a variety of different nuts and medjool dates.
I topped them with melted dark chocolate and flakey salt for the ultimate sweet & salty flavor.
My pantry is always filled with different nuts and nut butters. When I get to the end of the bags, I love making a homemade trail mix or some type of fruit & nut bar.
This recipe basically came about as a way to clear out my pantry, and it’s been my go-to sweet treat for the last coupe of weeks.
What you’ll need to make dark chocolate date and nut bars
You’ll need only a few pantry ingredients for this recipe:
- Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for about 10 minutes
- Peanut butter, or your favorite nut or seed butter
- Peanuts, almonds & cashews
- Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips melted with a little coconut oil
- Flakey salt
- Start by blending the nuts and dates to form the base
- Freeze the bars for about an hour until firm
- Remove them from the freezer and top with melted chocolate and a sprinkle of flakey salt
These easy-to-make bars are packed with omega-3 fats, protein and even some fiber. They’re a nourishing treat to stock your fridge or freezer with.
Customize them by using your favorite blend of nuts and dried fruit, or adding spices like cinnamon, cardamom or ginger powder. You can even roll them into balls to make energy bites!
Date and nut bars are the perfect sweet treat to keep around. I can’t wait for you guys to try them!