Skip the campfire this summer and make these S’mores Energy Bites! They’re vegan, gluten-free, and are the perfect snack to keep on hand.
We just moved into our new apartment in Florida last week, and I wasted no time in trying to stock up my fridge & freezer with all the snacks.
Energy bites are always a go-to of mine when I need something light and quick on hand. They pack in whole-grains, heart-healthy fats, and can be flavored in endless ways.
I’m always trying to switch up the flavors in these little bites, and this s’mores flavor just hits the spot.
These grab n’ go bites are such a convenient snack to fill your fridge with. I typically snack on them before a workout when I need something light, or with my iced coffee for a sweet afternoon pick me up.
I’m a huge fan of energy bites because they’re easy to make with simple pantry ingredients, and are quick to whip up when you’re in a pinch for time.
How to make S’mores Energy Bites
The base to any energy bite recipe is typically rolled oats, some sort of binder like nut butter, a liquid sweetener like pure maple syrup, and any flavoring you enjoy.
Here’s what you’ll to make these delicious s’mores energy bites:
- rolled oats– the oats act as the base to this recipe. Quick-cooking rolled oats are ideal for this recipe since they’re already slightly processed and are a lot easier to chew when eaten raw
- crispy rice cereal– I love the crunch and texture that crispy rice cereal provides, but you can substitute it with any other puffed cereal!
- cashew butter– cashew butter provides a subtle taste, while helping keep these bites together. You can swap peanut butter, or any nut butter of your choice
- chia seeds– chia seeds add a boost of fiber and fat, while also keeping these bites together
- pure maple syrup– a little goes a long way. Feel free to modify the amount you use!
- vegan marshmallows- I used large vegan marshmallows in this recipe, but any brand will do the trick
- chocolate chips– dark chocolate pairs so well with the flavors in this recipe
- vanilla extract– for a little extra flavor
Everything gets blended together in a blender/food processor, then rolled into little bite-sized treats.
S’mores energy bites pack in all the flavor of real s’mores, but are acceptable to eat for breakfast 🙂 These bites are delicious, easy to make, and a nutritious snack to keep on hand!