Loaded with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and chocolate gems, these gluten-free monster cookies may just be one of my top 3 favorite cookies!
They have crispy bottoms and thick, soft centers, and truly pack in all the best flavors. These flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies are a must bake.
I’m not really sure why they’re called monster cookies, but i’m guessing it’s because they’re filled with all the goodies. I mean, whenever there’s peanut butter or chocolate involved, can you ever go wrong?
Don’t think you can.
I took a poll a few weeks ago on Instagram in preparation for my cookie week in December to see which cookies you guys want most. I decided to try these out (4 times to be exact) as a little bonus recipe since there were so many options, and i’m so happy I did!
My favorite part about this recipe is that you likely have all of these ingredients in your pantry.
Here’s what you’ll need for these gluten-free monster cookies:
- creamy peanut butter– make sure yours has no added oil. I like to use one made of roasted peanuts for a richer flavor
- coconut oil– I use a refined coconut oil that has a neutral taste
- quick-cooking oats- I have only tested this recipe with quick-cooking oats. If you have whole rolled oats, I suggest pulsing them a few times in your blender to chop them up
- oat flour
- coconut sugar
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- chocolate gem candies or good old M & Ms
- vanilla extract
- baking soda + salt!
These cookies have that perfect thick, soft-baked center and crispy bottom. They’re a delicious sweet tooth fix, and a great dessert to bring to your Thanksgiving table this year!