Spicy harissa roasted carrots are a flavorful side dish to serve during the week or at your next dinner gathering! They’re sweet and savory, and a delicious way to eat more veggies.
Harissa Roasted Carrots
These spicy carrots are a delicious, flavor-packed side dish to serve for dinner. The rainbow carrots are tossed in a homemade harissa marinade and baked until they’re crispy and tender.
I love to top them with fresh herbs like parsley and dill, crumbled feta cheese and sliced almonds for a little crunch. They come together so easily and are such a crowd pleaser!
You guys probably know this by now but harissa is one of my pantry staples. It’s a Tunisian hot chili pepper paste and comes in a mild or spicy variety depending on where you shop. It adds the perfect heat to recipes and makes for the best marinade base.
What you’ll need to make harissa carrots
Simple recipes call for simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs of carrots. I choice rainbow carrots for a pop of color
- Harissa marinade: made with olive oil, harissa, maple syrup, lemon zest, and a few simple spices like salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and cinnamon
- Fresh herbs like dill and parsley
- Flavorful toppings like crumbled feta cheese and sliced almonds
How to make harissa roasted carrots
- Peel and cut 2 lbs of carrots into 1″ pieces, I like to slice mine on a diagonal
- Toss the carrots in a bowl with the harissa marinade made with olive oil, harissa, maple syrup, lemon zest and a few spices
- Once they’re evenly coated, transfer them to a baking sheet pan and bake on 400 F for about 45-50 minutes
- Transfer them to a serving tray and garnish with fresh herbs, feta cheese and the remaining marinade
Serve these with a big salmon fillet, grilled chicken, lentil salad, or you favorite main dish!
This recipe is easily one of my top side dishes to date. I can’t wait for you all to try it!