This creamy coconut turmeric orzo with salmon is the perfect one-pan meal for a cozy and nourishing dinner. It comes together in just a few simple steps, and is packed with flavor.
One-Pan Creamy Coconut Orzo and Salmon
If you’re ever in the mood for a hearty yet nourishing home cooked meal, this one-pan creamy coconut orzo and salmon is the recipe is for you. It’s packed with flavor, light & creamy, and comes together in just a few simple steps.
The sweetness of the coconut milk pairs so well with the spice mix of turmeric, cumin and salt and pepper. It keeps this dish creamy yet light, and also dairy-free!
The salmon first gets pan-seared in a few spices, then finishes cooking in the orzo towards the end. The fish stays tender on the inside, with perfectly crisp edges.
How to make Creamy Coconut Orzo and Salmon
Here’s what you’ll need for this one-pan dish:
- salmon fillets, about 4-6 oz each
- spices: paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, cumin, salt & pepper
- canned coconut milk
- yellow onion
- olive oil
- butter, vegan or dairy
- Start by seasoning the salmon fillets in paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper then searing them in olive oil for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and add in the butter and onions to soften, then add in the orzo with the garlic, turmeric, cumin, salt & pepper
- After a couple of minutes, add in the coconut milk and water and let the orzo cook for 10 minutes before mixing in the spinach and salmon.
- One the spinach and salmon are added back, finish cooking everything on a low heat for another 5-6 minutes
This recipe is simple, yet flavorful, and truly elevates you weeknight dinner. It’s a new staple in our house that requires minimal dishes. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!