Lemon & herb crusted cod is the perfect simple weeknight dinner. The fish stays tender and flavorful, and is topped with a delicious herb crust.
Herb Crusted Cod
Herb crusted cod is one of my favorite weeknight meals. The dish comes together so easily, yet is packed with so much flavor. The cod stays flakey and tender, and the lemon herb coating adds the most delicious crunch.
I love serving it with a side salad or some pasta. It’s a delicious weeknight meal and a great way to incorporate more fish into your diet.
I love cod for this recipe because it gets buttery soft, but you can make this using other fish if preferred. Halibut, branzino, or even salmon would be good substitutes.
How to make Herb Crusted Cod
I love adding grape tomatoes to this dish and roasting them for 10 minutes before adding the fish.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- parsley, dill and lemon zest
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast on 400 F for 10 minutes
- Prepare the herb coating by mixing together the breadcrumbs with the herbs. Add the fish to the baking dish with the tomatoes and coat the tops with the lemon herb mixture
- Drizzle each fillet with olive oil, and bake everything for another 15-18 minutes
- Top with fresh squeezed lemon and enjoy!