Sweet roasted beet pasta with crumbled feta and walnuts is the perfect way to change up your pasta game. Made with just a few simple ingredients, and so creamy and delicious!
Roasted Beet Pasta Sauce
This pretty pink pasta sauce was trending on Tiktok a while back, and for good reason! It’s easy to make, tastes delicious, and is almost too pretty to eat.
The sauce is made from roasted beets, cashews, ricotta and some pasta water. The crumbled feta and crushed walnuts add the perfect saltiness and crunch to balance out all of the flavors.
This recipe is so simple to make, yet packed with flavor. It’s a delicious way to elevate your pasta sauce, and the pretty pink color is always a crowd pleaser.
You can even make this plant-based by swapping your favorite plant-based ricotta in the sauce.
How to make roasted beet pasta
- Start by peeling and chopping fresh beets into 1 inch pieces. Toss them in olive oil and salt, then bake them for about 30 minutes until fork tender
- Prepare your pasta al dente for best texture
- Once the beets are ready, blend them together with some reserved pasta water, raw cashews, ricotta, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt
- Add the sauce to a skillet and toss together with the pasta
- Top your dish with crushed walnuts and crumbled feta cheese
The roasted beet pasta sauce is the perfect combination of fiber, fat and a little protein. You can serve this with a bean based pasta for added protein, or as a side with a fresh salad and baked salmon.
This recipe is best served fresh, so I suggest mixing the sauce and the pasta right before serving for best results.
I can’t wait for you all to try it! It’s going to be a new favorite.