Balsamic date kale salad with fried halloumi! A delicious sweet and savory kale salad made in partnership with Natural Delights Medjool Dates.
Balsamic Date Kale Salad
Kale salads are one of my favorite salads to make during the fall. They add a rich and flavorful base to any dressing, and can be topped with endless toppings.
The sweet and savory kale salad is made with a creamy balsamic date vinaigrette, then topped with fried halloumi, slivered almonds, and Natural Delights Pitted Organic medjool dates for the ultimate sweetness.
Natural Delights Medjool Dates
Natural Delights® medjool dates are one of my pantry must-haves. They’re a great source of carbs, fiber and potassium, and an ideal snack whenever you need a long-lasting energy boost. I love stuffing them with nut butter or cheese, but they also make the best salad toppers or natural sweeteners.
Natural Delights® continues to invest in sustainable initiatives to reduce environmental impact across all areas of their business, and remains the nation’s #1 medjool date brand.
They repurpose all of their tree trimmings back into the ground as water saving mulch, and create their plastic packaging from 100% post-consumer recycled materials.
Last week, I was lucky enough to join the Natural Delights team in Yuma, Arizona where we got to meet with some of the date growers and pick all of the ripened dates off of the trees. Their dedication to sorting through only the best product is another reason why I’m such a huge fan.
The Natural Delights Pitted Organic medjool dates were the perfect addition to this kale salad. They add a natural sweetness to the dressing and salad itself, and truly bring all of the flavors together.
What you’ll need to make Balsamic Date Kale Salad:
- Kale- I prefer using tuscan kale for this recipe, and try to purchase pre-chopped to save some time
- Halloumi- the fried halloumi adds a delicious savory touch to this salad. If you have a hard time finding halloumi, you can swap crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Natural Delights medjool dates- you’ll need some for the dressing, and some to add to the salad
- Roasted almonds- you can buy slivered almonds, or chop up your favorite roasted almonds using a knife
- Balsamic date vinaigrette- made with balsamic vinegar, medjool dates, olive oil, garlic, dijon mustard, salt & pepper
This kale salad is so simple to make and has the best combination of flavors. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!
This post was sponsored by Natural Delights, but all opinions are my own. I only work with brands I truly love and believe in.