Halloumi kale salad with spicy harissa dressing and roasted cauliflower is a flavor-packed side dish to serve with any meal.
Halloumi Kale Salad with Harissa Dressing
I may say this often, but this halloumi kale salad may be one of my top 3 salad combinations yet. While the ingredients are so simple, the flavor profile is anything but simple. It’s spicy, zesty, and has the perfect balance of flavors.
The kale is massaged with a creamy harissa almond butter dressing, then tossed with grilled halloumi, roasted cauliflower, and chopped almonds. Serve this alone or with your favorite salmon for an easy weeknight meal.
The spicy harissa almond butter dressing is a must-make on its own. It’s so creamy and delicious massaged into a kale salad, but can also be served as a dip for summer rolls or drizzled over your favorite protein.
It brings the flavors of the salad together so well, and truly makes it the perfect hearty salad.
Ingredients for this kale salad
Here’s what you’ll need for this halloumi kale salad:
- cauliflower florets– I used a 16 oz bag of colorful cauliflower florets for this recipe, but a small head of cauliflower will work well too
- kale– I used about 1/2 of a 10 oz bag of shredded kale. You can use 5-6 oz of bagged kale, or 2 bunches of kale.
- halloumi– the fried halloumi adds a delicious savory touch to this salad. If you have a hard time finding halloumi, you can swap crumbled feta or goat cheese
- chopped almonds– for an added crunch
- homemade harissa almond butter dressing– made with creamy almond butter, harissa, and a few other pantry staples
How to make Halloumi Kale Salad with Harissa Dressing
Roast the cauliflower
Toss the florets in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder then bake them on 400 F for about 30 minutes.
Prepare the harissa almond butter dressing
Blend together the harissa almond butter dressing ingredients using a blender cup or immersion blender. This dressing can easily be made with tahini for a nut-free version.
Grill the halloumi
Slice the halloumi into 1 inch strips then grill it in an oiled pan for about 2-3 minutes until browned.
Assemble the salad
Massage half of the dressing into the kale, then mix in the roasted cauliflower, halloumi and chopped almonds. Toss with the remaining dressing and enjoy.
This salad is hearty, delicious and packed with flavor. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!