Avocado & mango wild rice salad is a nourishing side dish loaded with all the delicious flavors! Made with wild rice, crunchy nuts, sweet mango and savory feta cheese with a simple citrus vinaigrette.
Wild Rice Salad
This sweet and savory wild rice salad is the perfect spring or summer dish made with the simplest ingredients and packed with so much flavor.
I served it with some breaded cod last week for dinner, and enjoyed the leftovers throughout the week for lunch. It’s the perfect hearty dish to make with all the fresh flavors.
The wild rice acts as the perfect base to this salad, and is a nutrient-dense whole-grain to add into your meal prep rotation.
It’s made with a blend of black, red, brown and white rice. It has a nutty flavor, and adds the perfect heartiness to this dish. It’s a good source of B vitamins, and adds a little extra fiber and protein to this meal.
What you’ll need for this citrus wild rice salad
The salad is made with just a few simple, yet delicious ingredients, then tossed in citrus vinaigrette. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Wild rice blend– I prefer a blend with different rice varieties for a bigger flavor profile. You may even find some with quinoa for added nutrients
- Baby kale or arugula
- Mango- yellow mangos are ideal in this recipe because they’re soft and sweet
- Avocado- be sure to use an avocado that’s still slightly firm
- Mixed roasted nuts- or sub 1 or 2 types of you favorite nuts
- Feta cheese- a must for some saltiness
- Red onion- for a little added flavor
The citrus vinaigrette is one of my favorite spring salad recipes and brings all of the flavors together.
How to serve this dish
For best results, you can serve this salad with freshly made rice at room temperature. Since the veggies are already mixed in, I typically serve the leftovers cold the following couple of days.
This simple recipe is nutritious, flavorful, and a delicious side dish to any meal! I can’t wait for you guys to try it 🙂