These delicious hot honey salmon bites are one of my favorite salmon recipes. They’re spicy, zesty, and pair so well with a big bowl of rice. This recipe was made in partnership with the USA Rice Federation, but all opinions are my own.
Hot Honey Salmon Bites
We can’t get enough of these hot honey salmon bites in our house. The salmon is seasoned with a few simple spices then baked until crisp. It gets topped with hot honey, lime juice, and lime zest for the perfect flavor combination.
I love them over a fluffy bowl of white rice with a side salad or some roasted veggies.
Easy Weeknight Meals
Last week, my husband worked from home so I made sure to meal prep a few things to have on hand for lunch. I normally base my proteins around my grains, and this time I made a big batch of U.S-grown long-grain rice (Jasmine is my favorite!).
Planning my meals ahead of time is an easy way to cut down on food waste, and also saves time during the day.
Rice is one of my go-to carbs to batch cook for meal prep because it’s versatile, affordable, and can be used in SO many recipes.
For our lunches last week, I made a big batch of U.S-grown Jasmine rice to served it in three ways:
- first with these Hot Honey Salmon Bites
- second with my vegetarian burrito bowls
- and third with my crispy buffalo tofu bites.
I personally love Jasmine rice for its buttery and almost nutty aroma. It adds the perfect flavor to all 3 of these dishes!
Three ways to serve rice this week:
How to make Hot Honey Salmon Bites
These salmon bites come together in just a few simple steps. Here’s how to make them:
- Start by removing the skin for about 1 ½ lbs of salmon then cutting it into cubes
- Season the salmon cubes with olive oil and a spice mixture made from salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper
- Bake the salmon on 400 F for about 8-10 minutes, then set them under the broiler for 2 minutes
- Once they’re cooked, top them with fresh parsley, lime zest, lime juice, and a drizzle of hot honey
This 30-minute meal is a delicious way to eat more fish, and comes out so flakey and flavorful. Serve it over a big bowl of rice with your favorite veggie sides for a well-rounded weeknight meal. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!
This post was sponsored by the USA Rice Federation, but all opinions are my own. I only work with brands I truly love and believe in.