10-minute blood orange burrata salad is a simple side dish or appetizer that’s perfect for summer. It’s topped with balsamic glaze, roasted pistachios, and creamy burrata.
Blood Orange Burrata Salad
This fresh blood orange burrata salad is made with just a few simple ingredients and is a delicious appetizer to serve all summer long. It’s packed with rich flavor and nutrients, and made with microgreens, burrata, roasted pistachios, and blood oranges.
I love serving it on a small platter or shallow plate as pictured to capture the brightness of all of the ingredients.
This simple recipe makes for a bright and flavorful side dish and comes together in minutes. It’s kind of like a no-recipe recipe since the ingredients are just estimates and tossed together.
The sweet and tart blood oranges mixed with the creamy burrata and balsamic glaze come together to create one of my favorite flavor combinations.
What you’ll need for this citrus burrata salad
When I tell you this dish is effortless, I mean it. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Burrata– I used an 8 oz container of burrata which contains two portions. I like to keep one whole in the center, then cut the second portion into 4 and spread it around the salad
- Blood oranges– blood oranges add delicious flavor and color to this recipe. If they’re harder to find, regular oranges would work well too
- Rainbow microgreens- I love the addition of microgreens in this recipe because they don’t overpower. If preferred, you can use arugula instead
- Grape tomatoes– I used a medley of grape tomatoes for some added color, but any variety would work in this recipe
- Red onion– for an added kick of flavor
- Roasted pistachios– I prefer using lightly salted, roasted pistachios, and sometimes even flavored pistachios
- Balsamic glaze, olive oil, lemon juice and salt– the salad ingredients alone add so much flavor that all you need to top it off is a light drizzle of olive oil, balsamic glaze, lemon juice and salt
Serve it with a side of grilled salmon, pasta salad, or any main course you prefer.
This salad is the perfect side dish if you’re hosting friends or family. The colors are gorgeous, and it’s always a crowd pleaser!