Walnut & pistachio crusted salmon with a sweet date glaze. A sweet, zesty, and savory salmon recipe to make for any occasion.
Walnut & Pistachio Crusted Salmon
This walnut and pistachio crusted salmon with citrus date glaze was one of my favorite dinners recently. The salmon fillets are brushed with dijon mustard and lightly seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder, then topped with crushed nuts, date syrup and orange zest.
The salmon comes out buttery soft and loaded with so much flavor. It’s a delicious recipe to serve with a loaded kale salad, roasted potatoes or pearl couscous.
This dish is easy enough to make for a family weeknight dinner, and fancy enough to make for your next holiday gathering or dinner party. You can make this with a larger piece of salmon for a larger crowd.
The walnuts and pistachios add delicious savory flavor, and the date syrup glaze is the perfect sweet and zesty topping.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Salmon– I used 4 fillets around 4-6 oz each, but this recipe can be made with a larger salmon fillet thats around 1 1/2 lbs
- Roasted pistachios and walnuts– I pulsed them in a blender cup to create crumbs. You can also crush them in a ziplock bag or chop them with a sharp knife
- Date syrup– date syrup adds a rich sweetness to this recipe that pairs so well with the other flavors. If preferred, you can use honey instead
- Dijon mustard– the mustard flavor is not strong at all, but helps add a flavorful kick to the salmon while keeping it juicy
- Orange zest
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
How to make walnut & pistachio salmon with citrus date glaze
- Brush each salmon fillet with dijon mustard and season with garlic powder, salt & pepper
- Crush the nuts in a blender or chop using a sharp knife, then press into the tops of the salmon
- Drizzle each piece with date syrup mixed with orange zest, followed by a light drizzle of olive oil
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes for individual fillets, or 18-20 minutes for a larger piece of fish
Finish it off with an extra drizzle of date syrup, orange zest, fresh squeezed lemon and enjoy. This recipe is so simple yet delicious, you guys are going to love it!
This salmon recipe hands down will be a weekly keeper! We all loved it!