Feta stuffed salmon is a delicious way to elevate your weeknight meals! Salmon fillets are stuffed with a kale and feta mix, then breaded and baked until crisp and tender.
Feta Stuffed Salmon
If you’ve never heard of feta stuffed salmon, you’re in for a treat with this 30 minute recipe. The feta and sauteed kale come together to make a creamy filling to stuff salmon fillets with, and the bread crumb topping adds the perfect crunch.
While this recipe may look fancy and complicated, I promise you it comes together to easily! I love serving it with a side salad for a well-rounded weeknight meal.
I’ve seen many variations of this recipe online, all of which look delicious. I chose kale and feta as the base of my stuffing, but have seen this made using spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese.
Ingredients you’ll need for feta stuffed salmon
- Salmon fillets– this recipe will work with 3-4 salmon fillets, about 4 oz each. I suggest using pieces that are thicker in the center to make stuffing them easier
- Feta cheese
- Kale or spinach, which gets sauteed in a little olive oil to soften
- Seasoned breadcrumbs– I seasoned my own, but you can use your favorite seasoned breadcrumbs
- Lemon zest and dill– to add extra flavor to the feta filling
- Dijon mustard– to brush the tops of the salmon with
- Spices– salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika
I included a step-by-step video of how to prepare this salmon right above the recipe card to help simplify the process for you.
Prepare the filling
Saute the kale or spinach until wilted for a few minutes, then combine it in a bowl with the feta cheese, lemon zest, dill and seasonings. Mash it well using a fork or rubber spatula
Slice open your salmon fillets
Using a sharp knife, carefully slice an opening into the side of the salmon, making sure not to slice it fully through the other side
Stuff the salmon
Stuff the salmon with the kale filling using a small spoon to push it in. Brush the tops of the salmon with a thin layer of dijon mustard
Coat in breadcrumbs
Season the breadcrumbs and add a drizzle of olive oil. Coat each salmon fillet with the crumb mix
Bake and serve
Bake on 400 F for 10-12 minutes, then top with fresh squeezed lemon when ready to serve
This dish is hearty and nourishing, and would make for an ideal weeknight dinner served with whole grains and vegetables. Here are some of my favorite side dishes to serve with this recipe:
- Roasted Vegetables with Honey Chipotle Walnuts
- Wild Rice Harvest Salad
- Halloumi Kale Salad with Harissa Dressing
- Harissa Roasted Carrots
This 30-minutes meal is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next dinner table. Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you try it!