Roasted seasonal vegetables with honey chipotle walnuts. A delicious one-pan side dish to bring to your next holiday dinner!
Roasted Vegetables with Honey Chipotle Walnuts
With holidays right around the corner, I’m always looking for new, easy to make yet flavorful side dishes to bring to my holiday table. This hearty dish is made with roasted acorn squash, potatoes, carrots and shallots then topped with sweet & smokey seasoned walnuts.
The walnuts add an extra touch of warmth and crunch to this recipe, and pair so well with the seasoned vegetables.
The vegetables have a hint of heat from the cayenne pepper and are seasoned with a blend of chipotle spice, salt, pepper and garlic powder. They’re first baked covered, and then uncovered so they stay tender while caramelizing on the bottom.
This dish is easy enough to make for a weeknight side dish, and fancy enough to bring to your next holiday gathering or dinner party.
How to make roasted vegetables with honey chipotle walnuts
This recipe truly comes together so easily, and all in one pan. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Acorn squash, or your favorite fall squash
- Potatoes: I used both sweet potatoes and white potatoes
- Olive oil
- Spices: salt, pepper, chipotle powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
- Start by chopping your vegetables and tossing them with olive oil and the spices. Transfer the seasoned vegetables to a baking dish
- Toss the walnuts in some olive oil, honey and chipotle powder. Sprinkle over the vegetables
- Cover the pan with foil and cook for about 30 minutes, then uncover and cook for another 30 minutes
- Garnish with fresh thyme or rosemary
I love serving these vegetables with baked salmon and a salad for an easy weeknight meal. It’s easy to make and full of flavor, and perfect for this holiday season.