Sweet and smokey honey chipotle baked potatoes are the perfect side dish for dinner this week. They’re roasted upside down leaving you with a soft & sweet potato with delicious caramelized edges.
Honey Chipotle Baked Sweet Potatoes
These sweet and smokey baked sweet potatoes have caramelized edges with a soft-baked center. They’re the perfect vehicle for your favorite toppings, like greek yogurt, sour cream and herbs.
I love preparing them as a simple side dish to serve during the week with salmon or a hearty salad. The sweet potatoes are rubbed with olive oil, salt, cinnamon and chipotle powder then baked with a little honey until soft and tender.
They’re so flavorful and delicious on their own, but pair so well with a scoop of greek yogurt, flakey salt and fresh herbs. Enjoy them as a side dish for dinner, or as a nutrient rich midday snack.
This recipe takes minimal hands on work and is an easy carb to add to your dinner rotation.
Roasted Sweet Potato Halves
This recipe is made with just a handful of ingredients, and can be made with any spice combination you like. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sweet potatoes– washed and scrubbed really well
- Olive oil
- Spices: salt, chipotle powder, cinnamon
- Toppings: greek yogurt or sour cream, flakey salt, chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half and rub them with olive oil and salt. Place them cut side down onto a parchment lined tray
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove them from the oven and flip them over
- Drizzle the potatoes with a little honey then season with chipotle powder and cinnamon. Add another light drizzle of olive oil then place them back into the oven for another 10-12 minutes
- Garnish with flakey salt, sour cream/yogurt and chopped herbs
If preparing ahead of time, you can bake the potatoes first, top them with the honey, cinnamon and chipotle then finish baking them when ready to serve.
Leftovers will stay good in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, warm them in the oven or air-fryer.
If you’re in a need of a simple and flavorful side dish, this one’s for you. I hope you love it as much as I do!