Salmon in parchment is a simple and delicious dinner. Thinly sliced zucchini topped with salmon fillets, olive tapenade and fresh dill. The perfect combination of flavors that comes together in 30 minutes!
Salmon in Parchment (Salmon en Papillote)
Salmon en papillote, French for salmon in parchment, is a simple technique where you bake salmon in a parchment paper. The salmon gets steamed while in the oven, leaving you with the most tender, melt-in-your mouth piece of fish.
You can add on any veggies you like, and any combinations of seasonings you enjoy. This recipe is truly so easy, and comes together in 30 minutes.
We’re always looking for new ways to eat salmon in our house and this recipe is definitely going to be on repeat. It’s light and fresh, and can be prepared in endless ways.
I layered thinly sliced zucchini underneath my fish, but you can add other vegetables like asparagus, tomatoes and even onion.
What you need to make Salmon in Parchment (Salmon en Papillote)
Salmon in parcment is simple to make, yet packed with flavor. Here’s what you’ll need-
- Salmon fillets
- Zucchini, or vegetables of your choosing
- Olive oil
- Olive tapenade
- Lemon slices and lemon juice
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder
How to bake Salmon in Parchment
- Cut a large piece of parchment paper- it should be large enough to be folded in half and then wrapped around your fish, as pictured above
- Thinly slice zucchini using a sharp knife or vegetable peeler. Layer it on one half of the folded parchment on a sheet pan and season it with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Place the salmon fillets on top of the zucchini slices and season them with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Top the salmon with olive tapenade, fresh dill and thinly sliced lemon slices
- Take the other half of the parchment paper and fold it over the salmon and veggies. Pinch in the sides tightly to fully enclose the fish, as pictured above
- Bake the salmon for about 15-18 minutes on 375 F. Once it’s ready, top it with freshly squeezed lemon juice and enjoy!
Other flavor combinations you can try are pesto, garlic and herb, or lemon butter!
This recipe is so simple and flavorful, I know you guys are going to love it. You can tag me on Instagram if you do!