Lemon pesto baked cod with cannellini beans is a flavorful dinner that comes together in 30 minutes. It’s a delicious weeknight meal and a great way to incorporate more fish into your diet.
Lemon Pesto Baked Cod
This 30-minute meal is an absolute must-make if you’re looking for new ways to eat fish. The cod comes out tender and melts in your mouth, and is packed with lemony pesto flavor.
It gets baked with cannellini beans for added fiber, grape tomatoes, shallots and garlic. Serve it over rice, couscous or with a side of potatoes for an easy, well-rounded meal.
Cod is one of my top choices for this recipe because it flakes like butter and absorbs all of the delicious flavors of the dish. The canned beans add the perfect texture along with some fiber, and the added lemon juice to the pesto adds the perfect zest.
This recipe is so easy to whip up and just packed with nourishing ingredients.
How to make pesto baked cod
Here’s what you’ll need:
- cod- I used 4 cod fillets, but this recipe can be made with one larger piece. Halibut, branzino or even salmon are some other fish options if you can’t find cod
- pesto- I used a store-bought pesto, but you can easily make your own or use a dairy-free option
- cannellini beans- the canned beans add some texture and fiber. I love how buttery cannellini beans are, but chickpeas are also a good option
- lemon juice- fresh lemon juice mixed with the pesto gives it the perfect added zesty flavor
- shallots and garlic, for added flavor
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Toss the tomatoes, shallots, garlic and beans with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Add the fish to the baking dish and coat the top with the pesto mixed with lemon juice
- Drizzle each fillet with olive oil, and bake everything for another 18-20 minutes
- Top with fresh squeezed lemon & parsley and enjoy!
You guys are going to love this one-pan meal. Tag me on Instagram if you try it!