This colorful crunchy cabbage salad is a delicious and nourishing side dish to any meal! It’s the perfect hearty dish that’s bursting with flavor in every bite.
Crunchy Cabbage Salad
Simple, color-filled salads are my go-to during the week. I love a side dish that’s versatile and keeps well in the fridge for a few days. This crunchy cabbage salad hits all of those marks, and comes together in just 20 minutes!
It’s made with purple and green cabbage, carrots fresh herbs, chopped nuts, and a homemade vinaigrette.
I served this as a side dish with salmon bites last week, and enjoyed the leftovers in tacos and rice bowls throughout the week. This salad has the right balance of savory and sweet, with the perfect crunch from the crisp veggies and nuts.
What you’ll need to make this cabbage salad
This recipe is so easy to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Purple and green cabbage– I use half of each cabbage for this recipe. Be sure to cut off the stem and use a sharp knife to slice thin layers of the cabbage
- Shredded carrots
- Fresh herbs– parsley, cilantro and dill
- Nuts– I used spicy roasted pistachios and sliced almonds
Ways to serve your cabbage salad
This salad keeps its crunch for a few days, so I love serving it throughout the week in different ways.
- Serve as a side dish with salmon bites
- Use as a base in your favorite tacos
- Add some veggies to a burrito or wrap
- Top with feta cheese and serve with your favorite crackers and dips
This cabbage salad is simple to make and has the best combination of flavors. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!