Coconut Curry Salmon is a delicious one-pan meal that’s full of nutrients and packed with flavor. Serve it over a fluffy bowl of rice for an easy weeknight meal.
Coconut Curry Salmon
Thai-inspired curry salmon is one of my favorite weeknight meals. It’s spicy, zesty and packed with flavor, and comes together in just one pan.
Seasoned salmon fillets are seared in olive oil, then cooked in a red curry sauce made with coconut milk, aromatics, and some added veggies. The salmon stays tender and absorbs all of that delicious sauce.
Serve it over a bowl of fluffy basmati rice for a well-rounded weeknight meal.
I love to add chickpeas and red bell peppers to the sauce for an added boost of fiber and micronutrients. You can easily substitute your favorite veggies in this recipe, or use tofu to make this dish completely plant-based.
It’s the perfect cozy meal packed with so much flavor.
What you’ll need for this coconut curry salmon:
- 3-4 skinless, salmon fillets
- Full-fat coconut milk- full-fat is key to getting that thick, creamy sauce
- Thai red curry paste
- Soy sauce- this recipe is traditionally made with fish sauce, but I modified with soy sauce to use what I had on hand
- Aromatics: garlic, ginger and shallots
- Added veggies: red bell pepper and canned chickpeas
Plus a few other pantry staples! This recipe can be easily modified to your liking and comes together in just about 35 minutes.
- Start by searing the salmon in a hot pan with olive oil until browned
- Remove the fish from the pan and cook the shallots and bell pepper for a couple of minutes. Add in the chickpeas, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sugar and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the curry paste and coconut milk with a pinch of salt. Let the sauce simmer until slightly thickened for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add the salmon back into the pan and allow the salmon to simmer in the sauce for 5-7 minutes. Garnish with lime juice, lime slices and fresh cilantro
This one-pan meal is a delicious, flavor-packed dish that’s going to be on repeat. I can’t wait for you guys to try it.