Slow roasted sumac salmon with fennel slaw is such a flavorful dish! It’s the perfect way to change up your weeknight dinners.
Slow Roasted Salmon
Slow roasting salmon is a simple cooking method that keeps the salmon juicy and full of flavor. This sumac salmon is baked for around 35-40 minutes on a low-temp, allowing it to absorb all of the delicious spices.
The salmon is topped with a fresh fennel slaw that pairs so perfectly with the spice blend.
This was my first time slow-roasting salmon, and it definitely won’t be my last. I used sumac as one of the main spices, which is a popular middle-eastern spice that adds a slight tangy flavor.
Not only was this dish pretty, but it packed in so much flavor. The spice combination was sweet & zesty with a little bit of heat, and came out so flakey. I served it with a side of roasted cabbage and some smashed potatoes for an ideal weeknight meal.
How to make slow roasted salmon with fennel slaw
- Layer the salmon fillet over thinly sliced lemon and orange slices
- Season the salmon with a marinade made from olive oil, a blend of spices including sumac, paprika, and cayenne pepper, fresh parsley, lemon zest and honey
- Slow-roast the salmon on 275 F for 30-40 minutes, depending on preferred doneness
- Top the salmon with a simple fennel slaw made from thinly shaved fennel, shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt & pepper
How long should you bake the salmon
Baking time will vary depending on a few things:
- the size of the fish- a larger fillet close to 2 lbs will likely take about 35-40 minutes
- the type of baking dish- glass cookware is slower to heat so may require additional cook time (extra 10-12 minutes)
- preferred doneness- if you like your salmon well done, I would add another 10 minutes to the suggested cook time
You’ll know your salmon is cooked when a fork comes out easily without resistance, or the thickest part of the fish flakes easily
Slow roasted salmon with fennel slaw is a delicious way to eat more fish. I’m obsessed with this recipe and can’t wait for you guys to try it!