These delicious no-bake, vegan brownie truffles are made from dates and almond butter, and are so rich & decadent. They’re naturally gluten-free, and coated in a layer of melted dark chocolate and sea salt.
These little bites are so incredibly easy to make, and the perfect sweet fix to keep around. The truffles themselves are naturally sweetened with medjool dates, and have the perfect creamy texture from the almond butter.
They’re made with just a handful of ingredients, and can be coated in so many different things, like nuts, dark chocolate or sprinkles.
I snacked on them yesterday while prepping dinner, and they totally hit the spot.
What you’ll need to make vegan brownie truffles
For this recipe, you’ll need a few simple ingredients:
- Medjool dates– medjool dates are ideal in this recipe since they’re a lot softer and sweeter than other date varieties
- Almond butter– I love using this unsweetened almond butter made from roasted almonds
- Unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Almond milk
- Good quality dark chocolate, for the coating
How to make chocolate truffles
- Soak the dates in hot water to soften
- Blend them with the almond butter, cacao powder, vanilla and almond milk to form the batter
- Roll the mixture into balls with wet hands, then let them harden in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Coat the balls in melted dark chocolate
- Place back into the freezer to set, and enjoy!
The rolling part may get a little messy, but wetting your hands between each one can help things go more smoothly!
If you want to skip the chocolate coating, you can roll these around in so many different toppings. Here are some ideas:
Other topping ideas for your truffles
- crushed nuts, like walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts
- sprinkles- if you’re making these for kids, or just love sprinkles like me, chocolate sprinkles would be a great coating option for these
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- coconut flakes
These vegan chocolate truffles are so fudgy and delicious, they’re definitely going to be on repeat in our house. Can’t wait for you guys to try them!
I just made these and they are fantastic! They taste like fudgy brownies. So good! Thanks for the recipe.
I’m so glad you enjoyed them, Deb!