The easiest peanut butter energy bites are here for all your snacking needs! They’re made with a few pantry ingredients that you most likely have on hand. I’ve been making these for years, and they’re truly a staple in our house.
I love these energy bites because they’re a great make-ahead recipe to keep on hand. There are so many variations to them, like these almond butter energy bites, that you can customize them every time you prep them. They’re perfect as healthy snack or breakfast.
How to make energy bites:
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl
- Wet your hands to roll them into balls
- Freeze & enjoy!
It’s as simple as that!
They have the perfect balance of sweet and salty, and an added crunch from the peanuts. Classic chocolate chips would work great in these, but I threw in some chocolate candies to change things up.
What you’ll need to make these Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Old fashion oats, also called rolled oats, for the base of the bites
- Natural peanut butter– mine has just peanuts and salt!
- Pure maple syrup or any other liquid sweetener for some natural sweetness
- Roasted peanuts for an added crunch
- Chocolate candies or semi-sweet chocolate chips! I love having these naturally colored candies around to throw into my baked goods/desserts
- Other fun add-ins you can play around with: chia seeds, flax seeds, shredded coconut, vanilla extract