I’m not sure where these peanut butter fudge pretzel bars have been all my life, but they’re finally here and going to be on repeat all summer! I’ve said this before, but the sweet and salty combo just can’t be beat.
These fudge bars have a date and pretzel base, a 5-ingredient peanut butter chocolate fudge, and are finished off with a crunchy salted pretzel. They basically combine 4 of my favorites snacks- peanut butter, dates, chocolate, and pretzels.
A few things you’ll need for these peanut butter fudge pretzel bars:
- Dates- I love using medjool dates since they’re softer. If using a different type, I recommend soaking your dates in warm water for 20 minutes before blending
- Pretzels- I used regular wheat pretzels, but any gluten-free option works great!
- Rolled oats
- Peanut butter- I used unsweetened peanut butter that and only contained peanuts and salt. Since my chocolate chips are sweetened, I prefer an unsweetened peanut butter for these
- Dark chocolate chips- I like to use these chocolate chips since they melt well and have minimal ingredients. You can also melt your favorite chocolate bar instead!
- Coconut oil- I use refined coconut oil for less of a coconut flavor, but virgin coconut oil would great here, too
I practically eat dessert daily so love to recreate healthier versions of candy bars and sweets, like my vegan snickers bars. These are definitely in my top 5 and you guys are going to love them!
Feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments below for your favorite candy you want me to healthify!