S’mores oatmeal fudge bars are a delicious dessert to make this season! They’re the perfect sweet treat made with just a few pantry staples.
S’mores Oatmeal Fudge Bars
These gluten-free s’mores fudge bars have a simple oat based crumble with a dairy-free chocolate fudge center. Each bite is filled with gooey marshmallows, and truly melts in your mouth.
These bars are based off of my classic oatmeal fudge bar recipe, and are such a fun treat to make this season!
How to make S’mores Oatmeal Fudge Bars
The ingredient list is super simple, and likely things you have around the house. Here’s what you’ll need to make these fudge bars:
For the oatmeal mix:
- rolled oats, I like using quick-cooking oats
- oat flour
- coconut oil- I prefer using refined coconut oil for a neutral taste
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
For the chocolate fudge:
- full-fat coconut milk
- dairy-free chocolate chips- I love using this brand
- vanilla extract
The oatmeal mixture makes the crust and crumble for the bars, and comes together in just minutes.
The chocolate chips get melted with the coconut milk, then whisked together with the vanilla and salt. It makes the perfect thick and creamy chocolate fudge center for these bars!
Tips to making the perfect oatmeal fudge bars
- Don’t over mix the crumble– I prefer mixing by hand. The texture should still be somewhat crumbly
- Use full-fat coconut milk– for best texture, full-fat coconut milk is ideal to get that perfect thick fudge layer
- Let the bars chill for at least 2 hours– this part takes some patience, but will make it much easier to cut through them!
- Use a large, sharp knife when cutting
This recipe is naturally dairy-free, and can be made 100% plant-based by using your favorite vegan marshmallows. I can’t wait to hear what you guys think!