The most delicious chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal cookies are here to satisfy your sweet tooth! Soft baked cookies filled with peanut butter goodness and loaded with mini chocolate chips- you really can’t go wrong.
I love the peanut butter chocolate combo and these totally hit the spot! I was on a mission to create a cookie that was sweet enough, with just the right amount of peanut butter without tasting too chalky. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar free, and so delicious with a tall glass of almond (or any) milk.
Here’s what you’ll need for the chocolate chip peanut butter cookies:
- natural peanut butter– mine was made of just peanuts and salt! I prefer creamy, but chunky peanut butter would work for these as well
- quick oats– I’ve tested this recipe with rolled oats and the texture wasn’t quite the same. Quick oats cook a lot faster, and yield a softer cookie!
- coconut sugar– brown sugar would be an equal substitute for these
- coconut oil– its important to measure the oil softened, at room temperature! If you don’t want a strong coconut flavor, you can use refined coconut oil or substitute non-dairy butter
- mini chocolate chip– if you don’t have mini, larger ones work, too. Chocolate chips are optional, but always encouraged around here!
You can head to my shop page to check out some of my baking favorites!
My cookie scooper is about 1 tbsp in size, but if you wanted a larger, chunkier cookie I would double the scoop.
These peanut butter cookies are perfect for your midday pick me up. They take less than 10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to freeze, and 8-10 minutes to bake. They’re easy to throw together and require a few of my pantry staples! I can’t wait for you to try them.
If you love the peanut butter chocolate combo like me, be sure to check out my peanut butter fudge pretzel bars!