Crisp and chewy gluten-free s’mores cookies! Filled with gooey marshmallows and dark chocolate chips, these delicious soft-baked treats have the perfect flavor combination.
Gluten-free S’mores Cookies
These crisp yet chewy s’mores cookies are one of my latest obsessions. I’ve baked about 3 batches in the last two weeks to make sure they’re perfect, and I can confidently say they absolutely are!
These cookies are made from a combination of almond and tapioca flour, one of my favorite gluten-free flour alternatives for soft and crisp cookies. Each bite is filled with pools of dark chocolate with gooey marshmallows and just melts in your mouth.
These cookies capture all of that delicious s’mores flavor in just one bite. They can easily be made dairy-free by using dairy-free chocolate chips, and I love that they’re sweetened with coconut sugar for a rich caramel-like flavor.
What you’ll need to make GF S’mores Cookies
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious cookies:
- almond flour-finely sifted almond flour is my go-to for baking
- tapioca flour- you can use tapioca flour or arrowroot starch for this recipe. It helps give these cookies the perfect crispy edges
- coconut sugar
- coconut oil- I prefer using refined coconut oil for no coconut flavor
- vanilla extract
- dark chocolate chunks and/or chips- you can use chocolate chunks, or chop up your favorite bar of dark chocolate into pieces
- baking soda
- Whisk together the egg, oil, vanilla extract and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the almond flour, tapioca flour, salt and baking soda, then fold in the chocolate and chopped marshmallows.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour– do not skip this step, or your cookies will spread too much.
- Roll 2 tbsp of batter onto a parchment lined tray, then bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely, and transfer to an airtight container for up to 1 week.
These cookies are SO delicious and easy to make. I can’t wait for you guys to try them!