Gluten-free lemon cookies that come together in 20 minutes! These fluffy, cake-like cookies are filled with delicious lemon flavor and are the perfect sweet fix.
Lemon flavored desserts have become a new favorite of mine over the last year. These cookies have the perfect sweet & zesty flavor, like my gluten-free lemon bars.
They have crispy edges with the softest center, and are made with the simplest ingredients.
Over the years, I’ve experimented a lot with gluten-free baking. I personally am not gluten-free, but love to come up with recipes that everyone can enjoy.
I do believe that gluten can be part of an overall healthy diet if you’re able to tolerate it, but truly enjoy creating recipes with flour alternatives.
The combination of almond flour and tapioca flour give these cookies their ideal texture. They’re soft-baked, but still get crispy bottoms.
How to make gluten-free lemon cookies
I based this recipe off of my sugar cookie recipe, with a few simple adjustments. Here’s what you’ll need to make gluten-free lemon cookies:
- almond flour- one of my favorite gluten-free flour substitutes to bake with. The almond flavor pairs so well with the lemon flavor
- tapioca flour-tapioca flour is key in getting that crispy texture. Arrowroot flour would be a good second option for these!
- coconut sugar- I love to bake with coconut sugar, but it can be equally substituted with light brown sugar
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- lemon extract- lemon extract is optional to give these cookies an extra kick of lemon
- baking powder
- confectioner’s sugar
- lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Combine the wet ingredients together until smooth
- Fold in the dry ingredients
- Shape into balls and flatten on a baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool, and drizzle with icing!
These lemon cookies are crispy, fluffy, and packed with sweet citrus flavor. They’re the perfect summer cookie, and come together in 20 minutes.
You guys are going to love this recipe, and I can’t wait to hear what you think!