These delicious 6-ingredient dark chocolate coconut bars are the perfect sweet treat to keep in your freezer. The flakey coconut bars get dipped in melted dark chocolate for a delicious flavor combination.
Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars
This recipe was inspired by my homemade almond joy bars I shared a few years ago. It combines darks chocolate with a deliciously sweet coconut filling, and is made with only 6 ingredients.
These coconut bars are so easy to make, and come together in one big bowl. I love keeping these in my freezer or fridge for a quick sweet fix during the day!
I made this recipe for Passover a couple weeks ago and it was such a huge hit. You can top them with chopped nuts for an added crunch, or even make them in muffin liners.
What you’ll need for these dark chocolate coconut bars
- Shredded coconut– make sure to grab a bag that doesn’t have added sugar. You’ll be sweetening the mixture with pure maple syrup, so the added sugar in the flakes isn’t necessary
- Coconut oil
- Pure maple syrup
- Coconut flour
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate/ chocolate chips
- Prepare the coconut mixture by mixing together the coconut flakes, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut flour and vanilla extract
- Press the mixture into a parchment lined 9 x 5 loaf pan and freeze until hardened
- Slice into 12 bars then dip each bar into the melted dark chocolate
- Place them back into the freezer to set, then keep store them in the fridge or freezer
You guys are going to love this simple recipe. They’re so delicious, and are really easy to make. I can’t wait to hear what you think.