Crispy and delicious popped quinoa peanut butter cups! The perfect little treats to keep in your freezer when you need a sweet and salty fix.
Popped Quinoa Peanut Butter Cups
These puffed quinoa peanut butter cups are such a fun treat to keep around. The homemade puffed quinoa adds the most delicious crisp and takes these peanut butter cups to the next level.
This simple treat is dairy-free, gluten-free, and so easy to make!
If you follow me on Instagram you know I’m a huge dessert person. I love stocking my freezer with all kinds of treats, especially when chocolate is involved.
These delicious peanut butter cups come together in a few simple steps, and are a fun twist on the classic peanut butter cup.
How to make crispy peanut butter cups
Here’s what you’ll need to make this simple recipe:
- uncooked quinoa
- natural peanut butter, I love using a creamy peanut butter made with roasted peanuts, but no added sugar. You can use a combination of nut butter like peanut and almond, or all peanut butter
- pure maple syrup, to lightly sweeten the peanut butter mixture
- coconut or cassava flour– to help thicken the peanut butter filling
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- coconut oil, to help thin out the melted chocolate
Start by popping the quinoa in a pot until its toasted and brown. Once it’s crisp, mix it into the melted chocolate and layer it in paper muffin liners with the homemade peanut butter mixture in between.
Freeze the mixture until its set, top it with flakey sea salt, and enjoy!
These crispy peanut butter cups are delicious, easy to make, and such a fun treat to keep around! I can’t wait for you guys to try them.