This delicious chocolate chia pudding is the perfect make-ahead breakfast that’s filled with fiber and healthy fats to help keep you fueled in the morning!
Overnight chia pudding
Chia pudding is one of those 5-minute recipes that can be customized in so many ways, and makes for the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. The chia seeds are added to a milk base, and expand while they chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
The texture becomes pudding-like and tastes so creamy! I love topping mine with yogurt for an added boost of protein, and fresh berries.
Chia seeds are such a good source of fiber, protein and alpha-linolenic acid, and essential omega-3 fatty acid. They’re highly nutritious, and a staple in my pantry.
Prepping chia pudding for the week is an easy way to pack in all of those nutrients off the morning, and truly tastes like dessert for breakfast!
How to make chocolate chia pudding
The base recipe to any chia pudding is chia seeds, your choice of milk, and any flavorings you like
- Chia seeds– you can find them in almost any grocery store, usually in the spice section
- Milk– I love using an unsweetened almond milk or oat milk for a creamier texture
- Cocoa powder– the cocoa powder adds a delicious chocolate flavor, and pairs so well with fresh raspberries
- Maple syrup– I like to sweeten my chia pudding with maple syrup, but honey or any other sweetener you prefer would work well
- Vanilla extract– for an extra boost of flavor
Once you prepare your chia pudding base, let it chill in the fridge for at least four hours, then top it with your favorite add-ons! I love layering mine with vanilla yogurt and raspberries. Shaved dark chocolate on top is optional, but always encouraged 🙂
Chocolate chia pudding is a nutritious way to start your morning. You can double the recipe to meal prep for the week, and add any toppings your heart desires!
Soooooo good!!!!! My new daily breakfast!!!!!