Spicy buffalo smashed potatoes are the perfect appetizer or side dish! They’re boiled, smashed, then roasted until crispy and topped with hot sauce, herbs and crumbled cheese.
If you’ve never made smashed potatoes before, you’re in for a treat. They’re so delicious and easy to make, and can be flavored in so many ways.
All you need are baby potatoes, a few simple spices, and any toppings you like. You boil the potatoes until fork tender, season them, smash them, then bake them until they’re crispy. They’re the perfect appetizer or side dish to serve with any meal.
I decided to level up my classic garlic smashed potatoes and add a little twist. These potatoes are seasoned lightly with salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika, then roasted until golden brown.
They’re then topped with hot sauce, chopped scallions, celery and crumbled feta cheese.
These smashed potatoes come out so flavorful with the perfect hint of spice. I love them with a side of salmon and a side salad for a simple weeknight meal.
How to make buffalo smashed potatoes
- Start by boiling your baby potatoes in a large pot of water until fork tender, for about 20 minutes
- Once they’re soft, toss them in a bowl with salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika and olive oil
- Now for the fun part, transfer them to a sheet pan and smash them flat using the bottom of a cup
- Once they’re smashed, roast them in your preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes
- Top them with the hot sauce, chopped celery, scallions and crumbled feta cheese
This recipe would work well with blue cheese or drizzled ranch, so feel free to have fun with it!
Whether you serve these as a holiday appetizer or weeknight side dish, you’re going to love the flavors in this recipe. Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you try it!