Smashed potatoes with a homemade honey mustard dipping sauce makes for the perfect side dish for dinner this week. The potatoes are boiled, smashed, then roasted until crispy and served with a delicious creamy sauce.
Honey Mustard Smashed Potatoes
Smashed potatoes have always been one of my favorite side dishes. They’re easy to make and taste delicious with a homemade dipping sauce. These golden baby potatoes are tossed in olive oil, herbs and salt & pepper then baked until crispy.
While they’re absolutely delicious on their own, I served them with a creamy honey mustard dipping sauce for the perfect combination of flavors.
The homemade honey mustard truly elevates this simple side dish, and can even be used as a salad dressing, as a dip for proteins, or a spread for wraps/sandwiches.
What you’ll need to make smashed potatoes
- Baby Yellow Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs, like parsley and cilantro
- Salt & pepper
- Homemade honey mustard dipping sauce: mayonnaise, dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, paprika, salt & pepper
- Start by boiling your baby potatoes in a large pot of water until fork tender, for about 15-20 minutes
- Once they’re soft, add them to a sheet pan and toss in the olive oil, herbs and salt & pepper
- Smash them down using the bottom of a cup
- Roast them in your preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes and serve with your honey mustard sauce
If preparing ahead of time, I suggest roasting the potatoes first, reheating them when ready to serve, then topping them with the sauce or serving it on the side.
Leftovers will stay good in the fridge for up 3-4 days. To reheat, you can warm them in the oven or air-fryer, and use any leftover honey mustard sauce on your favorite proteins.
This recipe is so simple and delicious, you guys are going to love it! You can tag me on Instagram if you try it 🙂