Crispy white bean sweet potato tacos are the perfect weeknight dinner packed with veggies and plant-based protein. Top them with your favorite sauces for an easy weeknight meal.
White Bean & Sweet Potato Tacos
Baked white bean and sweet potato tacos are an easy and nourishing weeknight meal. They’re loaded with fiber, plant-based protein and so much flavor, and are a delicious way to eat more veggies. The sweet potato, beans and onion are roasted in a homemade spice blend and olive oil, then stuffed into tortillas with shredded cheese and baked until crispy.
I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy veggies and plant-based proteins like beans. Baked tacos are an easy way to pack in so many nourishing ingredients, while still creating a flavorful and hearty meal.
I love using white beans in this recipe for a subtle taste that pair so well with the sweet potato. You can customize this recipe with your favorite spices, and add in any chopped vegetables you like.
What you’ll need for these baked white bean tacos
- Choose your favorite tortillas– I love using classic flour tortilla or almond flour based ones
- Canned cannellini beans– this recipe would also work well with black beans
- Chopped veggies– I used sweet potatoes, onion and kale
- A spice blend made of paprika, smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne, and salt & pepper. To save some time, you can use your favorite taco seasoning blend in place of all of the spices
- Shredded cheese– I love using mozzarella or cheddar in this recipe
- Olive oil
- Your choice of toppings: sour cream or greek yogurt, jalapeno, cilantro, and salsa are my go-to toppings
- Start by chopping the veggies and tossing them with the white beans, olive oil and your homemade spice blend
- Roast the veggies for 30-40 minutes, tossing halfway through. Toss the kale with the veggies once they’re cooked
- Fill your tortillas by layering a handful of shredded cheese onto half of the tortilla followed by a couple spoonfuls of the bean mix. Press the tortillas down to flatten
- Bake or air-fry the tacos until crisp, then top with your favorite sauces
These tacos are easy to make, packed with flavor, and the perfect healthy dinner to make this week. You can tag me on Instagram if you try them!