These delicious spinach & white bean burgers are packed with flavor, plant-based protein, and topped with a simple homemade sriracha mayo. They’re a perfect meal prep option for busy weeks, and take only 10 minutes to make!
I love to stock my freezer with a pack of veggie burgers. They’re easy to keep around to throw together a quick lunch or dinner. As much as I love to cook, I heavily rely on my freezer for convenient foods for busy days.
If you peaked into my freezer, you’d likely find baked goods, frozen fruits + veggies, quick proteins, more baked goods, and ice cream. Lots of ice cream.
Most store-bought veggie burgers are packed with veggies, but not as much protein, which is another reason I love to prep my own. My jalapeno black bean burgers are always a staple, and have been for years. So, I finally decided it was time for a new bean burger recipe.
These white bean burgers are filled with spinach, onion, simple spices, a hint of lemon, and nutritional yeast. They’re held together by chia eggs and whole wheat breadcrumbs, and grilled to crispy perfection.
Enjoy these delicious burgers over a lightly toasted bun with all of your favorite burger toppings, or crumble them onto a salad- like this kale tahini caesar salad.
How to make Spinach & White Bean Burgers
These burgers come together in just a few easy steps.
- Mash your white beans. I like to use a fork, and usually keep some beans in pieces
- Mix in your veggies and spices. Once you mash the beans, mix in the spices, spinach, onion, and nutritional yeast.
- Add your binders. After the mixture is seasoned, add in the chia eggs and breadcrumbs to hold the burgers together
- Form that patties. Shape your burgers into palm-sized patties
- Grill or bake them. You can either grill the burgers on a skillet, or bake them. I personally prefer them on the skillet!
If you wanted to get ahead for dinner, you can prep the burger batter earlier in the day, and refrigerate it until you’re ready to cook them. I love to pair them with my crispy baked carrot fries for an extra serving of veggies!
They’re seriously so delicious. I hope you love them as much as I do!