Roasted veggie pasta sauce is a delicious way to pack in tons of nutrients. Made with a blend of roasted vegetables like butternut squash and tomatoes, this creamy sauce pairs perfectly with your choice of pasta.
Roasted Veggie Pasta Sauce
It’s that time of year where nourishing comfort food is in full swing, and what better way indulge than with a cozy bowl of pasta. This roasted veggie pasta sauce packs in tons of nourishing ingredients, and is a deliciously creamy sauce to pair with your favorite pasta.
Made from a mix of roasted butternut squash, tomatoes, peppers, onion and whole garlic, the veggies get blended together with milk and spices, leaving you with a creamy, nutrient-rich pasta sauce.
This recipe is the perfect way to sneak in some hidden veggies to your dinners. It’s filled with immune supporting ingredients like milk, whole garlic and turmeric, and is a flavor packed pasta sauce rich in nutrients.
This recipe can easily be made gluten-free and plant-based to help accommodate all dietary limitations. It’s the perfect sauce to make if you’re looking for new ways to incorporate more veggies into your diet.
What you’ll need to make this veggie-packed pasta sauce
- Roasted vegetables– I used cubed butternut squash, roma tomatoes, onion, peppers and whole garlic
- Spices– salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, turmeric & ginger
- Olive oil
- Milk– I used dairy milk, but you can substitute any milk you prefer
- Garnishes: microgreens, pumpkin seeds, fresh thyme
- Start by seasoning the chopped vegetables with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and olive oil
- Roast the veggies on 400 F for about 45 minutes
- Once ready, blend the vegetables with the some of the milk, then transfer the sauce to a pan
- Add in the remaining milk and spices, and cook the sauce on low heat for 2-3 minutes
- Mix in your cooked pasta and toss evenly until well combined
This recipe comes together easily and is packed with so many warm flavors. It’s the perfect fall recipe to enjoy on its own or paired with your favorite protein.
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your dish!